Saturday, February 12, 2011

Half Marathon in New Orleans - Part 1

We left Auburn for New Orleans at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, February 12. The closer we got to the city, the more nervous I became. We stopped off at the condo in Metairie to drop off our bags. One of my construction alums graciously let us use his corporate condo for the weekend. Then, we went to the convention center to pick up my race packet at the Expo. Wow - the Expo was overwhelming. There were tons of people everywhere.



David and AJ were patient at the Expo


With the sign at the Expo

Hodos!




We had dinner at Cafe Masperos in the French Quarter and then went for a walk. I ordered pasta to "carb load" for the race.  A Carnival cruise set was setting sail on the river.  It was pretty cool to see.  We also saw a fiverboat and 3 of the largest rats I have ever seen.  Yikes!







No comments: