Sunday, January 9, 2011

Voyage to a Championship - Day 2

We are in... Vegas!  As part of our whirlwind trip, we decided to take a party bus with the Las Vegas Auburn Club instead of driving a car. The bus was scheduled to leave Excalibur.  On Sunday morning, we timed the walk from MGM Grand to the bus pick up at Excalibur - 14 minutes give or take.  We wanted to be prepared on game day.

Mom and I had the great idea to walk the Strip for exercise.  In order to reach our distance goal, we ended up walking for an hour and 15 minutes.  We also time the walk from MGM to the Flamingo.  Mom, Dad, Jeff, and I attended Auburn party at the Flamingo.  It was hosted by the Las Vegas Auburn Club and we met Freddie Carney!  Freddie is president of the LVAC and put together all the buses for game day.

Jeff and I on the bridge from NYNY to Excalibur, in front of the MGM Grand. 

My parents at the Auburn party. 

 Mom and I with Freddie Carney.

Auburn party

No comments: