Saturday, December 4, 2010

SEC Game!

At 10:45 a.m., I had on my running clothes when I got a call from my friend, Hank Galbreath.  He said he was unable to go to the game.  He had two tickets waiting for him in Atlanta.  He asked if I could get to Atlanta an hour and half before kickoff to pick up the tickets.  I reminded him who he was talking to..... haha.  I pretended to be Superman and made a quick wardrobe change.  Oh, the tickets were from Lloyd Nix, the 1957 AU champion quarterback.

I called AJ in a panic and told him I was headed to the game.  I asked him to find me someone to sit with.  Amy Camp met me in the parking lot of the LaGrange Cracker Barrell.  Everything from there worked great - front row parking at Marta station, walked straight on to the Marta train, found AJ at the top of the Marta exit, found Lloyd Nix with the tickets, and walked right in.  Whew!  Couldn't believe it.  What a great day!

AJ met up with a bunch of his South Carolina friends. 

We saw sweet Libby Amos!   

I didn't feel comfortable about the win until the fourth quarter.

No comments: