Saturday, October 23, 2010

LSWho? LSU - And, check them off the list

The AU/LSU weekend was wild.  The week included tons of work events, including the CADC Banquet and CADC Dean's Club.  We had a lot of alumni in town.  Then, on Saturday, it was on the game. 

I was so looking forward to seeing Kati Murphy Downes.  She is one of my college friends and sorority sisters.  She and her husband, Kevin, live in Texas now.  So, I haven't seen them in years.  Luckily, AU won and we were able to celebrate.  It is fun to have guests in town during football season.  Going downtown and rolling Toomer's Corner is something you get jaded to when you are a "local".  I know it sounds crazy.  I want AU to win as much or more than the next person.  But, living here, I don't always participate in ALL the downtown activities.  I am glad that Kevin and Kati and their friends stayed with us and reminded us to CELEBRATE!

Me and Kati.  My toilet paper throwing abilities were lacking during this trip. 

Our group at Toomer's.  So fun.  We did walk through town and looked at everyone standing in line trying to get in the bars.  Most of the waits were over an hour - crazy.  We also drove by the Supper Club for old times sake. 


No comments: